lauantai 24. joulukuuta 2011

The song of the Oracle

I was born by the two-forked river
Raised by wanderers, homeless and thieves.
Evenings filled with music and dances
Nights slept under roof of leaves


Sing to me Forest; tell your secrets for me
I will never speak against thee.

They came to me; say I am their prophet
Some look for solace, some for fame.
Taking me away; I never spoke one word
It is not I who you need to tame

Taken from the Forest; whisper the secrets for me
I shall never speak against thee.

Maybe one day as my flesh will perish
Some wandering bird finds my bones
Flying back to the Forest I scatter
My grave will not be marcked by stones

Back to the Forest; sing your secrets for me
I did never speak against thee.

Hear my flute play the song of our lives
Telling you the words I never say
Let me mend all your lingering worries
Watch the dance of the golden jay


Sing to me Forest; tell your secrets for me
I will never speak against thee.

Listen to the Forest, telling secrets for thee.
All the things you asked from me.

2 kommenttia:

  1. wow epic poem, or should I say it sounds like a song lyric too! XD What a little poet little Oracle is XD

    VastaaPoista
  2. Well *is shy*
    It is the song they song about Oracle once he has become legend.
    It is also the song he plays with his flute most often (maybe even during the Dance in "Burning Fire, Golden Bird")...

    VastaaPoista